Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant - Computing
About the team.
I have an exciting role available for a Category Assistant working within our Elec team on Computing. This role will involve working within a category that has gone through huge growth over the past 18 months as more people are now working from home. This is a permanent role, now available due to a recent internal move and is open to both Internal and External applicants.
About the role.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Assistant who is ready for a new challenge. After what has been a fantastic year of trading, we have a strategy plan of continued growth.
This role will be suitable for someone who has previous category experience, buying experience or experience within merchandising. This role will allow you to further develop your skills, as you are responsible for dual specialisms of buying and merchandising. It's a great opportunity to sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
You will support the Category Manager and FSP in delivering category objectives and meeting the daily demands of the category.
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading.
- Own the on site customer journey for the category, implementing continuous improvements.
- Manage cost and selling pricing, including promotional events.
- Manage line level supplier funding plus marketing and rebates.
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency.
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required.
- May own a supplier, or brand, from range building, through forecasting, trading and promo activity (dependant on desire to progress).
- Produce and update reports for the category.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Marketing: Development of Marketing plans and manage through the business, liaising with appropriate functions both internally as well as within supply base.
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall category trading performance.
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Retail looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Previous relevant retail experience is a must.
- You will have had buying, merchandising or supply chain experience within a Head Office Category type role
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is desirable
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience
- Lives the Values