Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant - Electrical
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for a Category Assistant working in our electrical team, working with some of our biggest brands. This role is open for external and internal applicants who are looking to work in one of our most exciting and biggest growth categories.
About the role.We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Assistant who is ready for a new challenge. After what has been a fantastic 12 months of trading, we are now looking to grow our Category Teams.
This role will be suitable for someone who has previous category experience, buying experience or experience within merchandising. This role will allow you to further develop your skills with dual specialisms of buying and merchandising, sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required
- Conducts regular market research to recognise any issues on pricing or competitor activity and make recommendations
- May own a supplier, or product attribute, from range building, through forecasting, trading and promo activity (funding) (dependant on desire to progress)
- May be involved in sourcing or onboarding new suppliers or brands
- Produce adhoc reports for the wider category, including for example, SMART availability and Broken promises commentary and actions
You must be able to build strong internal relationships with the immediate category team, the wider team and external suppliers
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about retail looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Previous relevant experience is a must.
- You will have had buying, merchandising or supply chain experience within a Head Office Category type role
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is desirable
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience
- Lives the Values