Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant - Home
About the team.
I have an exciting Category Assistant role working in our Home on Upholstery. This role will involve working within a fantastic category that has grown from strength to strength over the past few years.
Whilst the roles is on a 12 month FTC, I wouldn't let this put you off as we will always make room for high performing individuals and because of the size of the business, there will be gaps! The role is open to both internal and external applicants and if you are currently a colleague, please speak to your manager before applying.
Reporting into the Category Manager you will work alongside a Forecasting & Stock Planner as well as another Category Assistant in driving our Home strategy.
About the role.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Assistant who is ready for a new challenge. After what has been a fantastic year of trading, we have a strategy plan of continued growth.
You will get the opportunity to work with a wide variety of suppliers across the UK, Europe and Asia and a mix of own brand and branded product.
This role will be suitable for someone who has previous category experience, buying experience or experience within merchandising. The role will allow you to further develop your skills, as you are responsible for dual specialisms of buying and merchandising. It's a great opportunity to sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
You will support the Category in delivering category objectives and meeting the daily demands of the category.
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading.
- Own the on site customer journey for the category, implementing continuous improvements.
- Manage cost and selling pricing, including promotional events.
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency.
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Marketing: Development of Marketing plans and manage through the business, liaising with appropriate functions both internally as well as within supply base. Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall category trading performance.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is desirable
- Previous experience working within an Online / Head office function
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Flexible hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.