Search by job title or keyword
Category Manager - MDA
About the team.
We're looking for a Category Manager to join the Electrical team and provide key singular commercial accountability in the MDA category.
Importantly, you’ll also be responsible for leading, supporting and helping develop a fantastic high performing team!
About the role.
Alongside working with some of our most important partners, you’ll enjoy significant breadth encompassing both traditional Buying and Merchandising accountabilities for one of the most important categories for our Customer. You'll have day to day responsibility for the key performance indicators, ongoing range development, stock position, supply chain management, development of trading plans, whilst being able to demonstrate the profitable deployment of marketing specific to the category with the support of robust DI.
- Full end to end financial accountability of the departmental category, with daily responsibility for Sales, Margin, Stock, Cash, Returns and Supplier Contributions/Terms.
- Develop and source a fit for purpose, compelling range which meets the demands of our customer and aligned to market trends.
- Development and management of the category’s promotional & price proposition which drives the most profitable outcome, whilst also delivering headline sales growth expectations.
- Supplier relationships including the on boarding of new partners that fill a specific need for the category - whilst also getting the best out of our existing partners.
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return
- Working alongside the Forecast & Stock Planner - be responsible for the development of the category forecasts, stock, sell through, margin outcomes and availability levels.
- Accountability for the end to end customer experience (not limited to website) for the specific category. This includes;
- Trading - a fit for purpose promotional plan which meets the needs of the Budget, the creative expression/articulation of the product offer to the customer and the merchandising of the range within the websites.
- Marketing - The ongoing assessment/interpretation of CRM, Email, Social and all forms of Digital marketing channel activity, analysing the commercial effect the activity is having on day to day performance
- Accountability within approved headcount/grades to devise the most efficient team set-up to meet the daily demands of the category
What you'll bring;
- Solution and delivery focus - a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Strategic thinking & strong commercial acumen
- Creative, passionate and innovative.
- Product lifecycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence – or experience that could be transferrable to our business and industry.
- Demonstrable experience leading and engaging large teams.
- Champion what is right for the business, team and customer.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.