Search by job title or keyword
Category Trade Lead - Developing Categories
I have an exciting role available for a Trade Lead / Planning Manager within Developing Categories. This is a key role within the team, leading the planning and delivery of key category priorities and new product launches and campaigns. This is a permanent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading online retailers.
About the role.
The Trading Lead role is to build and own the Developing Categories activity plan, ensuring it is fit for purpose and is aligned to category, customer, and business priorities to deliver Retail KPI’s.
You will operate as a key member of the team and facilitate cross functional working across the category and wider business functions to ensure that key priorities, new product launches and customer campaign moments are delivered in the most effective way.
Focus on planning out category plans 3-6 months out to support strategic priorities, category events and brand specific requirements
- Create category content plans and sign off with category teams
- Creation of detailed activity plans for – periods, events or brands
- Present plans to key stakeholders both internally at monthly activity forums and externally to brands
- Support the strategic ambitions of the categories – content development, customer journey enhancements and engaging with DCX
- Own the relationship with strategic brands across developing categories for annual plans
- Leading on the planning and delivery of bespoke brand plans. Creating, presenting, delivering and reporting on.
- Land new brand launches and incremental opportunities onsite and the support for them across comms
- Seek opportunities to drive incremental opportunities via investment, terms or access
- Support the wider business by leading on category aligned cross departmental campaigns – such as wellness
- Analysing performance of branded content and events customer journeys and performance metrics, recommending improvements going forward
- Forge and maintain relationships across key functions; category, retail planning, marketing and creative.
- Managing and developing the Trade Marketing Executive.
- Capture in-event lessons learnt which feed back into the planning process
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivery looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant and please inform your current line manager.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Self-Starter who is inquisitive and curious when reviewing data and insights.
- Able to challenge others fairly and confidently
- Confident and engaging communicator with strong stakeholder management skills. Not afraid to challenge upwards.
- A person who can lead collaborative working across cross functional teams and deliver updates credibly to senior stakeholders
- Ability to balance commercial and customer needs
- Creative thinker with the ability to adapt and evolve thinking
- Be able to deliver on key business events/sales