Search by job title or keyword
Colleague Care Advisor - 12 month FTC
About the role.
This role is part of our people team working within the colleague experience tribe ensuring our colleagues have the most frictionless and best-ever colleague experience - from before they’ve started to after they’ve left, and everything in-between when it comes to being a colleague @ Very. We’re delivering an ambitious people system overhaul and we need someone who is keen to support us in the delivery of this, working across all areas of the colleague experience tribe.
Working in more progressive ways, using technology to improve experiences and processes, keeping connected to the wider people team with collaboration at its heart. Delivering the daily interactions and processing with operational excellence (meeting all our regulatory and legal requirements).
Keeping focused on delivering a thoughtful and consistently high quality of care across the key focus areas for the squad. Also, identifying and delivering incremental improvements to the colleague experience at that point in the journey.
A little bit about the Team.
Over the last year, we've navigated one of the most exciting periods of change for our team as we changed our set-up, ways of working and even our name, all alongside an innovative fast-paced project implementing a new HR & Payroll system.. We are no longer known as Shared Services and became The Very Group’s colleague experience (ColExp) tribe a key part of The Very Group’s People function and it’s a super exciting time to get on board with us
We are organised across three squads that map our colleague journey - beginnings, beings and endings, with each squad made up of a colleague experience lead, colleague care specialists and colleague care advisors (this exciting opportunity).
We are looking for someone who will obsess over the colleague experience. You will be passionate about our colleague experience at The Very Group. You care about how it feels to begin a career here, to be a colleague here and to end a career here, and you’ll do this by delivering;
- Resolve any colleague questions linked to pay or people team processes and policies.
- Actioning of all transactional processing linked to the colleague journey and pay and benefits – accurately and within agreed SLAs
- Provide administration and processing support across the whole of the colleague experience tribe and colleague journey touchpoints
- Follow agreed processes to ensure service standards are maintained
- Adding to and working through the squad backlog of CI initiatives to progress with improvements to the colleague experience
- Adopt a digital-first approach and continually look for ways to remove paper dependencies. Help us get even more out our systems and adopt a digital first approach in all you do
We’re looking for someone who can ideally join us with an immediate start and has a shed load of passion for people – full of energy and curiosity to learn.
These are the key things we think would make you brilliant for this job:
- Passionate about colleague experience
- Open and curiously minded – ask questions, get involved and try new things
- Natural collaborator – sharing and building things together
- Incremental and continuous improvement mindset
- Brave and bold and up for giving new things a try
- Organised and planful with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Clear communicator – with the ability to build strong relationships
- Bias for action and delivery – a love of moving fast and getting stuff done
- Knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge – with a good understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures - and be keen to upskill others in it too
- Calm and controlled under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and even better if that’s Excel and HR Oracle
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.