Search by job title or keyword
Colleague Care Process Advisor
Please note that the Kickstarter placements are a government-funded scheme and to apply you need to have been referred by your local Job Centre Job Coach to be eligible; you must be between 16-24 years old. If you have not been referred for this position by your local jobcentre job coach your application will not be considered.
As the UK's largest retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position in our market and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century and our employees have played a huge part in our success. Kickstarter is a great opportunity for the next generation; by providing a work placement for young and enthusiastic individuals who can bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the workplace. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of the next generation entering the workforce, we will offer relevant work placements, industry leading training and development and hands on experience. Are you ready to reinvent?
About the team.
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; After serving us brilliantly for a long time – we’re at the start of a new chapter for our HR team. We’re changing our set up and our ways of working. And as we become a colleague experience (ColExp) tribe we havea cracking opportunity to come to join us and be part of our reinvention.
For our next chapter, we’re organising ourselves into three squads that map our colleague journey - beginning, being and ending. Our Tribe mission is to create the most frictionless and best-ever colleagues experience from before a colleague starts to after they’ve left. The squads are made up of colleague experience leads, colleague care specialists and colleague care advisors. They own everything about that part of the journey. Together they focus on incoming work as well as making iterative and continuous improvements to their bit of the experience.
In this team you will find energetic, inclusive and fun colleagues who work at pace to meet deadlines and who take time to celebrate success. Here you will find industry leaders, who are passionate about development and using tech in new and exciting ways, we want to support you on your journey to success, all we ask for in return is your commitment to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
The ‘colleague care process and digital advisor’ role will be a great first step for someone who is simply passionate about working with people and making things better. The young person will learn the basics in HR, get to know different types of digital tools and collaborate as part of the colleague experience team, exploring ways to continuously improve the colleague experience, as well as working with the wider HR and tech teams.
- You will act as an accelerator on our war on paper - you work with each squad to pick any quick wins off to move our processes away from paper to digital – working with our wider team and the tech team to make progress
- You will understand, map and document our HR processes to accelerate creating new guides for employees
- You will support the HR team by pulling together existing content and putting it on the company intranet so that other colleagues can find policies easily themselves.
Support for you
The Very Group commit to giving each young person the best possible Kickstart experience over the six-month programme. We’ll be working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support you to make the most of your experience with The Very Group and to reach your potential.
- Pre-Placement – interview skills webinar and digital materials
- Pastoral care – dedicated line manager, buddy, mentor, weekly check-ins and 1:1s with a youth worker
- Building employability skills – four employability skills webinars, access to digital resources and three aspirational career talks by young ambassadors
- Training and support for The Very Group role - for each work rotation they complete, ongoing performance conversations and building their personal development plan
- Job centre and work coaches keep in touch sessions – providing an opportunity to keep the work coaches updated and the young person ongoing access to future roles
- Skills for supporting future job searches – including CV support, interview skills and practice and personal branding
- Support post-Kickstart – including personal job plan and evidence book, plus further support available post-programme from The Princes Trust
- Plus, there’ll be a group placement celebration at the end of the six-month programme!
- Digitally savvy – You will be comfortable using MS office and pick up new systems and technology quickly
- Articulate and simple communicator
- Open and curiously minded – hungry to learn, ask questions, get involved and try new things
- Agile experience or willingness to learn
- Brave and bold - and up for giving new things a try
- Bias for action and delivery – a love of moving fast and getting stuff done
How to apply
We are not asking for a CV to apply for this position, where you have come from, what experience you have and your education are not what matters to us, what matters is you!! Once you click "APPLY" below you will be asked to enter your contact details (email, contact number) you will then be sent a short video to watch explaining the role in a little more detail, we will ask you to tell us why you want to apply. You can do this in your own time. We really look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.