Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data savvy Accountant to join our FS Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the financial output for all activity relating to FS credit interest, pricing and insurance teams. You’ll provide financial expertise and rigour to aid decision-making throughout the FS business, taking commercial decisions and challenging the thinking of senior stakeholders.
- You will work with the credit product and insurance & warranty teams to create innovative solutions to emerging issues and to drive a culture of continuous improvements and ambition.
- You will prepare a wide variety of financial analysis using inputs from the Credit Products team, the Retail teams and Data Intelligence. You will use this data to assess whether or not to recommend proposed campaigns. You’ll support the creation of accurate, robust and stretching budgets. Ensuring these are agreed upon for all aspects of FS income and be responsible for short, medium and long term forecasts.
- You will ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management information and reports for the FS Board and FS Exec in relation to FS income, ensuring team deadlines are always met and that financial information is always produced to the highest standard.
- A qualified accountant is preferred but part qualified applicants will be considered if exceptional.
- Knowledge in either SQL or SAS. Ability to extract data from our data lake.
- A self-starter with the social confidence and charisma to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships.
- Able to challenge upwards and cross functionally and welcomes being challenged.
- Technically excellent with the ability to deal with complexity and communicate complex financial matters in simple terms;
- First class analytical skills with the ability to interpret critical information and data
- To be comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure
- The ability to navigate and thrive successfully through a complex and demanding business
- To be able to accept ambiguity and embrace change.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.