Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Assistant - Home
About the team.
I have an exciting role available for a Commercial Assistant working within Home. This role will involve working with a category that has gone through huge growth over the past 18 months. The role is now available due to a recent internal move and is open to both Internal and External applicants.
You will report into the Commercial Planner, working within a small commercial team, which includes a Commercial Manager and a Pricing Manager. The role will involve intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel, creating reports and then presenting to the SMT.
About the role.
The Commercial Assistant will support the Commercial Team with the delivery of the department, resulting in improved efficiencies, maximised sales potential, obsessing about stock health and margin gain.
This role is highly dependent on cross functional working to drive data and insight to support the category team to drive the most profitable results for the overall department. Day to day you will be working with large Excel data sets that are analysed in the morning and reporting back to SMT with your findings as soon as possible.
This role would be well suited to an Assistant Merchandiser.
- Support Commercial Manager in delivering department objectives
- In-week & next week forecasting based on current trade performance & other relevant insight, e.g. planned promotions
- Liaise with Supply Chain on impact to WSSI plans and propose short-term amendments based on current trade performance/activity
- Creation and maintenance of regular and ad-hoc reporting that gives insight into category performance that provides a framework to facilitate future projections
- Producing data downloads from query database software to update regular trackers or adhoc reports
- Support trading decisions driven by performance insight, scenario planning, promo planning & departmental forecasts
- Coordinate promotional activity, reporting on YOY variances, compliancy and forecasting margin impact, incorporate any revised activity into forecasts and share with Finance
- Analysis of sell-through reports to identify potential opportunities/challenges, e.g. brands/categories with high/low stocks, poor/strong sell-through, margin performance, returns rates etc
- Support the commercial team in scenario planning the P&L impact of key metrics for various in-season trade decisions
- Responsible for total department roll-ups of information, combining data from each of the category teams
- Assist Commercial Team with seasonal planning process, shaping budgets and assortment size, owning category and departmental roll ups & challenging teams on sales and stock phasing budgets
- Support the Commercial Team to monitor progress to unlocking rebates with brands, reporting on variances and proposing actions to improve
- Involvement in department and/or cross department commercial led projects
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about working in a commercial role looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Solution and delivery focused
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champion what is right for the business
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Highly numerate with strong ability to interpret results and identify key drivers and trends
- Experience handling with a variety of data sources
- High attention to detail
- Technical skills
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint to an intermediate/advanced level
- Highly PC literate
- Comfortable working on both short and long-term priorities
Advantageous Technical Skills
- VBA/Macro awareness
- Power BI