Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Planner - Home
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Commercial Planner to join the Home team based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a strong Commercial Planner to join the home team. Working as a Commercial Planner will allow you to really get into the financial detail of the category and the ability to work cross functionally with a number of different teams across the business.
As well as being responsible for driving improved efficiencies, maximising sales potential and margin gains, you'll be influential in day to day trading and strategic decisions. You’ll gain a rich understanding of the category P&L and make recommendations on how to improve.
- You’ll be responsible for the development of a Commercial Assistant
- Significant requirement to think strategically – and then engage, lead and challenge broader team to deliver required results.
- You’ll work alongside our Retail Trading, Marketing, Commercial Finance and Financial Services teams to make sure our Home proposition is readily available to our Customers for the moments that matter to them.
- You’ll be key in delivery of the budgeting and forecasting process, using your analytical and presentation skills to bring the Category sales & margin plans to life across different business functions
- Work closely with the immediate team (Heads of Category, Category Managers, FSP and Category Assistants) to ensure fully aligned and working towards the category’s strategy.
- Work cross functionally having strong engagement and influence with Retail Trading, Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing, Commercial Finance, Financial Services, and Category teams.
- Ideally 3 years+ product life cycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence – or experience that could be transferable to our business and industry
- Financial experience with the ability to work with large data sets
- Solution and delivery focused - a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking & strong commercial acumen
- Creative, passionate and innovative.
- Demonstrable experience leading across multi-functional teams.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience.
- Values and behaviours – able to clearly demonstrate ability to live our values.
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you are required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status