Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Planning Analyst
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for a Commercial Planning Analyst working within the Toys, Gifts & Beauty and Electrical Categories. This role will involve working across a variety of product category's in the business will be working from Liverpool on a hybrid basis. This is a permanent join, so a great opportunity to join one of the UK's largest online retailers!
Working as a key member of the commercial team you will get the opportunity to work with a number of specialists in the business, from Data Insight, Strategy, Financial Services, Marketing, Ops and Commercial Finance. The role will involve interpreting large data sets and formulating a hypothesis based on that data in line with our strategy.
About the role.
This role will report to the Commercial Manager for Electrical and support in the delivery of the category's ambitions and strategy. Alongside working with some of our biggest partner brands like Apple, Samsung, Sony, Shark/Ninja and LG, you will be responsible for driving efficiencies, maximising sales, margin optimisation and driving the total Electrical and category P&Ls.
You will be influential in ensuring strategic direction is accurately reflected within the category budgets and forecasts. You’ll gain a rich understanding of the commercials within the Electrical department, the impacts to category P&Ls & make recommendations on how to improve.
This role is highly dependent on cross functional working to drive data and insight followed with influencing and challenging the Category team to drive the most profitable results for the business.
This role would be well suited to someone who has previously worked within an Analyst role for a Brand Name or within an FMCG environment where data insight is readily available.
- Support in the planning process for the Elec Categories assisting Commercial Manager and Heads of Category to shape budgets and assortment size, producing category and departmental roll ups also challenging teams on sales and stock phasing budgets. Ensure plans are robust within strategic ambitions and share plans with Finance / Elec Commercial team.
- Provide commercial performance insight & commercial modelling to support category managers, producing and sharing daily reporting on Category performance, provide the weekly forecast view and propose actions to address.
- Support Commercial Manager with trading decisions driven by performance insight, scenario planning, promo planning & departmental forecasts (working closely with commercial finance and DI).
- Reports on brand/supplier performance vs prior year and business plans agreed.
- Provide promotional activity reporting on YoY variances, compliancy and forecasting margin impact, incorporate any revised activity into forecasts.
- Solution & delivery focused decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer & make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Highly numerate and with strong ability to interpret results and identify key drivers and trends
- Experience in handling a variety of data sources
- High attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint to an advanced level
- Strong analytical & influencing skills.
- Comfortable working on both short and long-term priorities
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Essential knowledge and skills required:
- Analytical, solution & delivery focused decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer and make the right choices to enhance their experience.
- Demonstrates strategic big picture thinking & strong commercial acumen.
- Able to work in an agile manner with shifting focuses and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Creative, passionate & innovative.
- Positive, driven & brings energy to the role.
- Ideally 2 years+ experience in a multiple retail/multi-channel business with significant online presence, or experience that could be transferrable to our business & industry.
- Demonstrable experience leading across multi-functional teams.
- The ability to work under pressure & in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Champions what is right for the business, team & customer.
- Strong analytical & influencing skills.
- Strong organisational & communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adapts to change & demonstrates resilience.
- Values & behaviours – able to clearly demonstrate ability to live our values.