Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Product Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a Retail Financial Services provider, we are revolutionising the way we offer Credit to our consumers. We want to enhance the breadth and scale of our FS offer to grow our customer base through offering new, flexible ways to pay that are right for them and enables them to shop for the products they love.
As a result of an Internal move, a role is available in the team at the heart of The Very Groups retail credit offer, joining the team that work in partnership with retail categories, trading, and financial service colleagues to make the most of our credit offer. This is a key commercial role, providing analytical support to the team, helping to develop key trading levers such as Credit to Account and P&L pricing, as well as being involved in the development of new credit options in the coming months.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the wider FS Product team as we implement the FS Configuration Centre that is front and centre in delivering the business’ strategic objectives.
- Leads the process through which FS offers are developed, including the financial modelling of proposed activity to understand the expected impact of each campaign/initiative. This includes all CTA (credit to account) activity.
- Identifies and recommends solutions for customers by defining and implementing a product suite that genuinely meets their demands and needs.
- Works closely with retail colleagues to manage and implement our full range of FS offers in support of trading.
- Ownership of the sign off process for all offers, including management of key stakeholders across the group, including GLT members, to ensure commercial expectations are met. Review and, where necessary, challenge those offers that do not hit the mark, using experience and commercial acumen to refine offers where possible
- Understands, monitors and reports on portfolio performance, identifies retail dependencies, risks and opportunities.
- Plan projects and product-related initiatives in line with corporate objectives
- ID new opportunities and agree with Snr Product Manager
- Ongoing review of product features and benefits facilitated services and associated opportunities also reviewed.
- Builds strong working partnerships
- Projects with other business areas communicated and managed effectively
- Cross-project integration and interdependency issues managed
- Close collaborative relationships developed and maintained
- Commitment across cross-functional team members developed and results achieved even without line authority
- Working with FS Product Analytics team to Influence the development and deployment of new credit offers to be deployed through the FS configuration centre.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be expected to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities and work cross-functionally with internal teams and our 3rd party partners to bring them to life..
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below skillset:
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate often complex analysis to colleagues with little or no FS experience.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of The Very Group and how it makes money. Confident analysing and understanding financial performance and articulating your view.
- Comfortable with decision-making and working with colleagues from across the business to shape campaigns.
- Working under pressure/to deadlines
- Strong Computer literacy (Word, Advanced Excel, SQL)
- Business or Finance degree or equivalent
- Retail / Financial Services experience
- Self-starting individual, naturally inquisitive with a keen eye for detail.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.