Search by job title or keyword
Compliance Manager - Change
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join our successful compliance team, in our fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You will be responsible for providing regulatory advice and guidance in the context of business and regulatory change.
Drawing on your considerable experience and understanding of financial service regulations you will ensure that business changes are dealt with in a way that remains compliant with legislative requirements and in a way that is fair for our customers.
Working closely with the leadership team you will have a great opportunity to play a key role in delivering the best possible approaches whilst achieving fair outcomes for our customers.
- Support the delivery of the FS change portfolio, including regulatory change, ensuring all projects deliver to agreed regulatory, business and customer outcomes
- To keep abreast of regulatory policy developments
- Impact assess the level of business change required to meet regulatory policy developments
- Input into the development and production of meaningful information and reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of the fs compliance change management process
- To understand ongoing changes within the business and their potential impact on existing policies, processes and customer outcomes
- Develop and agree proposals for alternative approaches for both types of development that are compliant with the regulations
- Support the implementation of agreed changes within the relevant business areas
In this business critical role, you must have extensive knowledge of the FCA’s rules and regulations such as CONC, ICOBS and DISP. Ideally, you will have occupied a compliance role previously where you show a deep understanding of the issues and challenges that can arise in this area.
Passionate about delivery you’ll be consistently identifying areas for potential improvement or innovation as well as driving the subsequent change. You will have the chance to shape our processes through the identification of regulatory and business change and be able to make a positive and tangible difference to the experience of our customer.
You will be commercially aware, structured and methodical in your approach. You will be prudent, inquisitive and analytical in order to able to develop and deliver pragmatic solutions. You will possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal and you will possess the gravitas necessary to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business.
Within this role you will be working alongside our retail business. With this will come challenges and in this everchanging, fast-paced environment you will need to have the resilience and drive to thrive in this environment.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.