Search by job title or keyword
Compliance Manager - Policy
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join our successful compliance team, in our fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You will be responsible for providing regulatory advice and guidance.
Drawing on your considerable experience and understanding of financial service regulations you will support the business to deliver compliant, effective policies and controls that deliver fair customer outcomes. Working closely with the leadership team you will provide the business with appropriate advice and guidance aligned to the regulatory regime.
- To keep abreast of regulatory policy developments and to provide the business with insight on regulatory change that may impact existing policy and controls. Completing detailed impact assessments and gap analysis which inform business change requirements.
- To support the business in the identification, remediation and resolution of issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of SDFC.
- To provide advice and support to the Line of Business alongside assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of policies and procedures in engendering fair customer outcomes.
- To promote appropriate awareness and understanding of compliance, embedding the culture within the business.
- To maintain appropriate and independent oversight and ask probing questions to ensure regulatory risks are prudently considered and addressed.
In this business critical role, you must have extensive knowledge of the FCA’s rules and regulations such as CONC, ICOBS and DISP. Ideally, you will have occupied a compliance role previously in a consumer credit firm where you show a deep understanding of the issues and challenges that can arise in this area.
Passionate about regulation you’ll be consistently identifying areas for potential improvement or innovation. You will have the chance to shape our processes through the identification of regulatory change and be able to make a positive and tangible difference to the experience of our customer.
You will be commercially aware, structured and methodical in your approach. You will be prudent, inquisitive and analytical in order to be able to develop and deliver pragmatic solutions. You will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and you will possess the gravitas necessary to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business.
Within this role you will be working alongside our retail business. With this everchanging, fast-paced environment you will need to have the resilience and drive to thrive.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.