Search by job title or keyword
Credit Lending Complaint Specialist
About the team
Within the best large contact centre in Europe (as voted in the European Contact Centre Awards) will be a brand-new team of subject matter experts within the Affordability complaints space, working closely with senior stakeholders to craft the future of affordability complaints.
Our award-winning Customer Care Team are at the forefront of our relationship with our customers. We are not only passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions, we are also dedicated to our collaborative culture.
About the role
The Credit Lending Complaint Specialist will need extensive experience in the handling of regulated affordability complaints. As a subject matter expert in affordability, the ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable with acting as first point of contact for escalated and highly complex complaints within a regulated industry.
You will make strategic observations and recommendations, influencing change in the decision making with regards to the SDFC affordability strategy and complaint handling process, whilst able to articulate the commercial benefits of such to stakeholders across the group.
A confident and proficient communicator with excellent problem-solving skills, you will communicate with multiple groups internally, as well as correspond with the Financial Ombudsman Service and other third parties.
- Act as point of escalation for independent case direction in the decision-making review process, where responsibility for final decision will fall to the role holder
- Ability to chair forums with wider business stakeholders in the Finance, Credit Risk, Business Risk, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure regular reviews of insight in the workstream
- Investigating, analysing, and interpreting all available information relating to a Credit Lending complaint and make a sound, reasoned decision on the next best course of action
- Liaising and managing relationships (inclusive of 2-way challenging) with FOS, Claim Management Companies, and Debt Collection Agencies
- Self-motivated and proactive in time management, in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.