Search by job title or keyword
Credit Risk Analyst
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
You will work in the Collections team within Credit Risk which is a team of 8 (Credit Risk department consists of c.60 FTE), working on multiple priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team are responsible for everything from pre-arrears payment reminders, our collections multi-channel contact strategy to defining our customer outcome strategies, amongst much more. The team consists of analysts and senior analysts so there will be plenty of knowledgeable colleagues to support and bounce ideas off should you need it.
Given the current cost of living crisis in the UK, it’s a very exciting and fulfilling time to be joining the team!
About the role.
As a Credit Risk Analyst (within the Collections strategy team) you will be playing your role in defining TVG’s strategy to customers in financial difficulty.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Risk Manager (Collections), you will work with the business to help us make the right decisions at the right times. Whether it’s providing analytical insight into customer behaviour, identifying opportunities to enhance our strategies or reviewing our customers comms to deliver the key messages better, you’ll be expected to provide customer outcome and commercial insight recommendations, communicating these in a compelling, impactful way to senior stakeholders.
We work very closely with our Customer Care colleagues who execute our strategies, allowing us to efficiently obtain real time insight into the challenges our customers are facing. All of which helps us define our strategy in a more customer focus manor.
- Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you even if you don’t think you tick all of these boxes
- It’s important you have an opinion, contribute to conversations and debates and proactive in playing your part in the team’s success
- Proficient with SQL (or SAS) and Microsoft Excel skills too (exposure to Power BI would be advantageous but not essential).
- You’re a team player who can quickly establish relationships with our existing team and key stakeholders
- We’re also interested in your softer skills, along with the ability to solve complex problems and relay solutions in a simple, clear and concise way.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.