Search by job title or keyword
Customer Arrears Support Advisor - Full Time
About the team
The award-winning Customer Care team live and breathe the Very Group values. You will find a group of diverse and inspirational colleagues where collaboration and innovation are embraced and celebrated.
Our Customer Arrears Support Team are at the forefront of our customer care efforts, working to offer our customers solutions when they are in times of financial distress. This team operates through inbound, outbound, and digital channels to contact customers who have either forgotten to pay or need support for long term financial issues.
The head office is based in Speke (L70) and you will be required to travel into our office throughout your employment.
About the role
The shift pattern we have available is full time, 35 hours per week across 4 days.
Shift A: Wednesday- 10:00-20:00, Thursday-10:00-20:00, Friday- 10:00-20:00, Saturday-11:00-18:00
Shift B: Monday- 10:00-20:00, Tuesday - 10:00-20:00, Wednesday- 10:00-20:00, Saturday- 11:00-18:00
Working within the Customer Arrears Support Team, you will be part of a team that offers solutions to our customers in times of financial difficulty.
This is an ambitious, innovative, and award-winning department working to responsibly deal with customer issues concerning financial arrears. They help to provide solutions and advice to meet the individual customer needs in a responsible, supportive, and fair manner.
- Speaking to customers over the phone who have outstanding debt or who have not met payments on their account
- Using a customer-centric approach to offer a bespoke solution to a range of customers with differing financial problems
- Recovering outstanding customer arrears using problem solving skills
- Delivering a positive outcome for the customer in what can be a difficult phone call
- Assessing the impact of the solution for The Very Group and working within FCA and FOS guidelines
You’ll be a great communicator, able to create and build rapport with the customer verbally to create a conversation that helps to identify and solve the issue that the customer is facing.
The most important skills for this role are empathy, emotional intelligence and resilience. Our customers are so important to our business, even when they are facing difficulty in making payments.
- Adaptable and decisive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, thinking quickly about the best solution
- Empathetic and patient towards our customers, to allow the formulation of a solution that will deliver positive outcome for both parties
- Driven to deliver great service as well as following through with the solution until the customer is satisfied.
- Planned and organised and comfortable with understanding the commercial reality of a range of solutions in order to offer the accurate information to the customer
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model - after successful completion of your in-house training, a 50/50 split between the office and home working
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.