Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 3,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
We are looking for a Forecasting Manager to join our newly created Forecasting team charged with unlocking the power of our data in delivering quality product forecasting recommendations ultimately driving better customer availability and stock efficiency.
You’ll co-ordinate the wider Forecasting Squad to drive continuous improvement in Forecast accuracy and inventory productivity as well as best practice in customer order management.
Working collaboratively, you’ll promote both better trade planning and operational efficiency ensuring forecasting, availability and stock investment are at the centre of performance conversations
You’ll support the ongoing capability roadmap as we embark on the journey of mastering the science of Forecasting whilst developing the tooling the business needs to make the right decisions.
In this role you will:
- Have ownership of Category / B&M forecasting & replenishment methodology, including parameter management & optimisation.
- Coordinate Forecasting Squad to drive forecast accuracy, develop insight and identify business opportunities.
- Lead best practices in availability, held order and lead-time management through rigorous application of the Held Order Strategy.
- Input and shape the Forecasting and Replenishment capability roadmap
- Manage, coach and mentor junior members of Forecasting Squad and Category / B&M.
- Have a strong Customer focus both internal and external:
- Internal through provision of quality forecasting and replenishment recommendations to Category/B&M whilst mentoring and supporting them in adoption and understanding.
- External customers through a pro-active approach to best practice order management, finding opportunities to improve the customer experience and minimise the impact should anything go wrong.
- Support Trade Planning with insight, identifying opportunities in availability and stock whilst providing timely forecasted demand volumes to improve Operational efficiency.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all the below experience.
- Demonstrable Excel and Data Warehouse Analytics in a mid-senior level
- Basic knowledge of statistical forecasting
- Retail and Supply Chain
- Knowledge of replenishment & inventory management methodology
- Commercial Acumen
- Solution and delivery focused
- Customer centric
- Pro-active and energetic
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, driven and pro-active leading business change and driving benefits through adoption and a culture of continuous improvement. Numeric, analytical and strong communication skills are essential. Experience in Merchandising, Stock Planning, Statistics or other Commercial roles are a great platform for anyone interested in applying.
- £1,000.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Holly Jackson in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.