Search by job title or keyword
Customer Care Support - Kickstarter
Please note that the Kickstarter placements are a government-funded scheme and to apply you need to have been referred by your local Job Centre Job Coach to be eligible; you must be between 16-24 years old. If you have not been referred for this position by your local jobcentre job coach your application will not be considered.
As the UK's largest retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position in our market and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century and our employees have played a huge part in our success. Kickstarter is a great opportunity for the next generation; by providing a work placement for young and enthusiastic individuals who can bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the workplace. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of the next generation entering the workforce, we will offer relevant work placements, industry-leading training and development and hands-on experience. Are you ready to reinvent?
The customer care team is responsible for providing the highest level of service to customers through several channels and have fantastic communication skills. The team are experts and able to resolve customers often complex enquiries the first time around with a solid understanding of financial services regulations. In this team, you will find ambitious, energetic and fun colleagues who will always try to the best thing for the customer in a fast-paced environment. The team pull together by creating a supportive and inclusive environment for everyone who works there, you will always find a smiling face here!
Working in the Customer Care team you will meet the needs of our customers efficiently and effectively, leading to great customer satisfaction. You will follow a 6 month’s development journey designed to build your call handling capability with a view to resolving the query at first point of contact. You will learn the Very Group processes and regulatory requirements and learn to navigate the in- house systems.
- Give accurate information and take appropriate action to resolve customer queries
- Build rapport, trust and credibility with customers to make them feel like they are in
- Diffuse customers where necessary
- Summarise customer outcome to ensure nothing has been left to interpretation.
- Own customer resolution, understanding the issue, seeking support where required to ensure the right course of action is taken in a timely manner.
- Escalating to manager where appropriate
Working Monday to Friday 10am -15.00pm
- Have a real thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
- You will have a clear understanding of what “good” customer service is
- Strong communication skills
- Good time and self-management skills
- Flexibility to work shift patterns in line with customer demand
- Good numeracy and literacy skills Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
Support for you
The Very Group commit to giving each young person the best possible Kickstart experience over the six-month programme. We’ll be working in partnership with The Princes Trust to suppin making to make the most of your experience with The Very Group and to reach your potential.
- Pre-Placement – interview skills webinar and digital materials
- Pastoral care – dedicated line manager, buddy, mentor, weekly check-ins and 1:1s with a youth worker
- Building employability skills – four employability skills webinars, access to digital resources and three aspirational career talks by young ambassadors
- Training and support for The Very Group role - for each work rotation they complete, ongoing performance conversations and building their personal development plan
- Job centre and work coaches keep in touch sessions – providing an opportunity to keep the work coaches updated and the young person ongoing access to future roles
- Skills for supporting future job searches – including CV support, interview skills and practice and personal branding
- Support post-Kickstart – including personal job plan and evidence book, plus further support available post-programme from The Princes Trust
- Plus, there’ll be a group placement celebration at the end of the six-month programme!
How to apply
We are not asking for a CV to apply for this position, where you have come from, what experience you have and your education are not what matters to us, what matters is you!! Once you click "APPLY" below you will be asked to enter your contact details (email, contact number) you will then be sent a short video to watch explaining the role in a little more detail and we will ask you to tell us why you want to apply. You can do this in your own time. We really look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.