Search by job title or keyword
Customer Service Specialist
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit). Our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us?
About the role
Within this role, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to customers through several channels with your fantastic communication skills. You will able to listen to and respond to the customer with empathy and understanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about customer service looking for their next career move.
This role is hybrid - based between our head office in Speke and home. The successful candidate will be flexible to work between Monday and Sunday (8am - 8pm the shift currently involves every other Saturday and no Sundays)
This team are experts in being able to resolve customers' often-complex enquiries the first time. Ideally you will have experience working in a similar regulated environment with an understanding of regulations including GDPR, FCA, and FOS principles.
What you will be doing
- Showing our customers we understand them, resolving their enquiries in line with quality and regulatory standards
- Taking ownership for query resolution and complaints at first point of contact, taking appropriate action, ensuring all queries are fully resolved
- Creating great customer interactions driving brand advocacy
- Working across the Customer Care Operations teams to deliver best in class service
- Capturing accurate notes, where needed, to create a record of each interaction with our customers.
- Liaising with external suppliers professionally, minimizing order cancellation or delays, mitigating customer dissatisfaction.
- Managing complaints in line with our internal and external regulatory obligations (e.g. FCA requirements)
- Delivering performance against agreed Quality Criteria.
- Escalating customer queries appropriately, based on severity, risk and sensitivity.
- Identifying vulnerable customers and deal with their queries in an appropriate manner.
- Proactive in managing own time and resource in demanding, dynamic environment
- Flexibility to work shift patterns in line with customer demand and adopt a blend of activity and enquires
- Previous experience in a customer service/financial services environment
- Experience with managing complex regulatory enquiries
- Self-Motivation and the ability to work as part of ateam
- Good working knowledge of applicable industry standards and regulations e.g. GDPR, FCA and FOS principles
- Ability to manage key stakeholders across the group
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly. If successful in securing this role, you will be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We are currently running all interviews remotely.