Search by job title or keyword
Customer Service Specialist
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.About the team
Our award-winning Customer Care Team are at the forefront of our relationship with our customers. We are not only be passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions but are dedicated to our collaborative culture.
Within the best large contact centre in Europe (as voted in the European Contact Centre Awards) is a team of Customer Services Specialists, who help to deliver a better experience for our customers.
We are not only be passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions but are dedicated to our collaborative culture.About the role
This role is hybrid - based between our head office in Speke and home.
The shift pattern after training will be 10:30 – 18:30 Monday to Friday, with alternate 9:00 – 16:00 Saturdays and a rest day mid-week.
Within this role, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to customers through several channels with your fantastic communication skills. You will able to listen to and respond to the customer with empathy and understanding.
This team are experts in being able to resolve customers' often-complex enquiries the first time. Ideally you will have experience working in a similar regulated environment with an understanding of regulations including GDPR, FCA, and FOS principles.
- Taking ownership for query resolution and complaints at first point of contact, taking appropriate action, ensuring all queries are fully resolved
- Creating great customer interactions driving brand advocacy
- Liaising with external suppliers professionally, minimizing order cancellation or delays, mitigating customer dissatisfaction.
- Escalating customer queries appropriately, based on severity, risk and sensitivity.
- Identifying vulnerable customers and deal with their queries in an appropriate manner.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £xx flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.Equal opportunities
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.