Search by job title or keyword
Customer Service Team Manager (Complaints)
We’re The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.About the team
Our award-winning Customer Care Team are at the forefront of our relationship with our customers. We are not only be passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions but are dedicated to our collaborative culture.
The Customer Excellence team offer great customer service by ensuring that are responses to customers are consistent and always have the customer at the heart of our decisions, whilst meeting regulatory requirements.About the role
You will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and be accountable for leading the team to provide the right outcomes for our customers. You will be a true leader, able to develop and coach a team of specialists to support all customer contact activity, able to demonstrate expertise in both customer service and Financial Services.
This role is hybrid - based between our head office in Speke and home. The successful candidate will be flexible to work between Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
This is an opportunity to play a meaningful part in The Very Groups bold journey and an exciting, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for the business and the future.
- Developing and mentoring Complaints Handling Advisers in delivering great customer service and outcomes in each interaction
- Supporting the deployment of all change initiatives across the team
- Overseeing the performance of the team against agreed objectives in line with all regulatory, compliance and quality standards
- Driving people engagement across the department and foster a customer centric culture
- Working as a key member of the wider Customer Care Operations Team to build and dive the strategy plans in line with The Very Group vision and priorities
- Analysing MI and be data led, driving continuous improvement through the ‘All Ideas Matter’principle
- Previous experience within a regulated environment, working to FCA, FOS and GDPR principles
- Easily identify where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change
- Proven team manager experience in a regulated environment.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.Equal opportunities
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.