Search by job title or keyword
Customer Service Team Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit). Our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us?About the role
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; Our award-winning customer care team are rewriting the rule book when it comes to brilliant customer service.
Harnessing the power of technology and insight to transform the customer service journey.
Leading a team of Customer Service Specialists, you will be part of a team that aims to resolve our customer's queries first time, in line with regulatory principles.
You will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and be accountable for leading the team to provide the right outcomes for our customers. You will be a true leader, able to develop and coach a team of specialists to support all customer contact activity, able to demonstrate expertise in both customer service and Financial Services.
This role is hybrid - based between our head office in Speke and home. The successful candidate will be flexible to work between Monday and Sunday (8am - 8pm the shift currently involves every other Saturday and no Sundays)Key Responsibilities
- To develop and mentor Customer Service Specialists in delivering great customer service and outcomes in each interaction
- To support the deployment of all change initiatives across the team
- To oversee the performance of the team against agreed objectives in line with all regulatory, compliance and quality standards
- Drive people engagement across the department and foster a customer centric culture
- Work as a key member of the wider Customer Care Operations Team to build and dive the strategy plans in line with The Very Group vision and priorities
- Analyse MI and be data led, driving continuous improvement through the ‘All Ideas Matter’ principle
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
This is an opportunity to play a meaningful part in The Very Groups bold journey and an exciting, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for the business and the future.
- Previous experience within a regulated environment, working to FCA, FOS and GDPR principles
- Easily identify where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change
- Proven team manager experience in a regulated environment.
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.