Search by job title or keyword
Delivery Lead - Retail
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Delivery Lead to support our Retail Tribe based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
The Delivery Lead is responsible for defining the delivery of initiatives, aligned to the functional strategy within their squads to achieve business growth and improved customer outcomes.
You will play a critical role in delivering solutions that will enhance the experience for our Customers and Business.
The Delivery Lead is part of the Tribe 3 Amigos – Product Lead, Technology Lead and Delivery Lead. You must successfully collaborate in all shared decisions to effectively lead and manage your Tribe. This means you are required to input, influence and lead within a variety of activities such as initiative shaping, governance forums or cost forecasting, to ensure you are acting as one in all things.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe (retail) will have a subset of set of teams - Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific product challenges. Each squad is composed of individual contributors from different disciplines and led by an individual contributor.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill for end-to-end ownership.
About the role
Tribe specific overlay:
- Working within the Retail tribe you will be responsible for leading the delivery of initiatives across multiple squads which will include the delivery of products for both our internal teams and external customer
- You will be responsible for the successful on time delivery of the initiatives including the plan for delivering the changes to our internal teams including user testing, training and communication plans.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in each squad and work closely with Product and Technology Leads to manage your squads priorities and outputs to ensure realisation of improved Business and Customer outcomes
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – working with the Product Lead, Business Analyst and Tech Lead to prioritise the work that needs to be done maximising the capacity and capability of the team
- Steer the team to deliver on time, to cost and with the right quality outcome for the customer. This includes full alignment with compliance and risk obligations under a Financial services organisation’s remit
- Ensure delivery of agreed plans, proactively identifying and removing blockers, coaching and driving squads to maximise delivery of the highest value backlog items
- Be an exceptional leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions
- Lead and coach the squads to adopt a continuous improvement approach, learning & iterating frequently
- Be a mentor for the squad’s use of the agile delivery framework and support them in the removal of impediments and blockers
- Responsible for establishing and chairing governance routines which will be tailored dependent on scale and risk. This will include appropriate monitoring and oversight through management of risks and issues along with ensuring initiative start and exit phase controls are completed and evidenced
- Secure, track and manage squad finance initiative budgets (actuals and forecasts)
- Actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Experience of leading and successfully delivering large initiatives which form part of an overall plan. (5 years Min)
- Practical experience of delivering change in a lean / agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a goal and evidence its delivery
- Leadership experience in fast-moving, large, complex, technology led organisations (min 5 years)
- Good communication, presentation, explanation and influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of JIRA, Confluence, Slack and Microsoft office tools
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status