Search by job title or keyword
Delivery Manager (Data)
About the team
Here at The Very Group, we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We support diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge!
Our Tech teams have recently gone through a transition to a new working model and culture, one structured around cross-functional teams we call squads. Our squads will make up an overall Tribe. Each tribe is responsible for designing, building, running and improving the technology that relates to their business area, all aimed at providing a world class experience for our customers.About the roles:
As a Delivery Manager you will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services within the Data Platform Landscape. You will have hands-on experience across a broad range of Data related products and services, delivering throughout the entire product life cycle. You will also be accountable for one or more development team’s output and are the main point of escalation. As a Delivery Manager you will work hand in hand with the Product Owner and Principal Engineers to influence and define a path to meet our commercial aims. You will act as a role model within the discipline and wider community coaching/mentoring other Delivery Mangers.
In line with business expectations Delivery Manager may be responsible for one or many squads.
At this level, you will be expected to:
- Be an SME within the discipline of Agile delivery
- Have knowledge of Data Migration, Data Transformation and Data Presentation
- Have a fundamental knowledge of Cloud based storage, data manipulation tools and data replication. solutions
- Have strong communication skills and engage senior stakeholders
- Coach and mentor Delivery Managers
- Appropriate certification for both iterative and continuous delivery approaches from either Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, PMI, APMG, BCS, Kanban University or VFQ.
- Consistent record of delivery in both iterative and continuous delivery approaches.
- Ability to operate in a complex stakeholder and technology environment.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs (dependent on role grade)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (dependent on role grade)
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.