Search by job title or keyword
Agile Delivery Manager - DCX
About the team
The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) tribe is striving to create a world class customer experience across our Mobile and Web platforms. We are in control of building this exciting future and are looking for like-minded individuals to help make this a reality. We need people with strong backgrounds in digital retail to help us on this journey as we strive to define, design, build and run frictionless experiences that sets The Very Group apart from other online retailers.
About the role
As a Delivery Manager, you will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services within the Digital Customer Experience Tribe.
You will be accountable for the development team's output and are the main point of escalation. As a Delivery Manager you will work hand in hand with the Product Owner, Tech Lead and Software Engineers to influence and define a path to meet our commercial aims. You will act as a role model within the discipline and wider community of Delivery Mangers.
A delivery manager is accountable for the performance of the team. In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team.
What you’ll bring
- Strong knowledge of Agile delivery
- You must be able to articulate the Scrum framework.
- Some hands on experience running an Agile Squad.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders
- Experience of working in multiple parts of the product life cycle & able to work with other agile delivery operations throughout the product life cycle.
- Experience of optimising the delivery flow of teams & the ability to assess and understand complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists.
- Experience leading a continual planning process in a very complex environment. You can plan beyond product delivery. You can identify dependencies in plans across services and coordinate delivery.
- Experience in identifying problems or issues in the team dynamic and the ability to rectify them. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team and provoke the right responses.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.