Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Director’s assistant to join The Very Group. You’ll report directly into the Marketing Director and Fashion Director who you will support, through enabling them to be as efficient and effective as possible. You will support them to navigate diaries, taking decisions to manage conflicts on time, creating space for collaboration and focus, you will be proactive and innovative, assessing tasks and tracking deadlines, improving processes, and pre-empting the needs and requirements of the fashion and marketing director.
As a directors assistant for retail, you will also offer light touch support to the broader retail leadership team, fuelling greater collaboration and digital enablement, as well as alleviating pain points and supporting strong organisation and co-ordination. Day to day you will be working the diaries to bring the leaders and their teams together, along with suppliers and key stakeholders. As well as this, you will be proactively flagging opportunities to enable greater automation and process improvement across the business. As a digital business, you will also be heavily involved in setting our leaders up to work more effectively across different channels.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Key point of contact both Internally and externally (with a wide range of external stakeholders)
- Proactive diary and email management
- Tracking deadlines for key activities, and ensuring submissions are completed on time
- Planning time to come together
- Taking the friction out of travel
- Digital upskilling
- Events and communication
- Getting connected to the business strategy and functional plans
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an executive assistant or similar reporting directly to senior manager
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organisational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional
- Highly self-motivated
- Confident with tech
- Professional and experienced
- Team player
- Open minded and approachable
- Energetic with contributions to the team
- Calm under time pressure
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Able to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment