Search by job title or keyword
About the Team.
Our purpose is simple. We create and protect the future of the Very Group. And we do it by innovating in finance. We’re more than number-crunchers.
We work in an agile way to create change fast. We care about outcomes, not perfection.
We create high-performing teams made up of the right people, whatever department they’re from. It means we always offer new experiences.
And we do it because we value personal development. Whether it’s through our mentoring programme, our learning guilds or the challenges and opportunities we rise to every day, we help everyone grow.
About the Role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially savvy Finance Manager to join our finance community. We’re a successful team, setting out to deliver outstanding reporting, analysis and control fit for a digital native business.
- Be part of cross-functional teams (we call them squads) to deliver new and/or upgraded reporting, analysis and processes.
- Deliver one version of the truth, at the right time, to the right audience.
- Distil the wealth of data we have and building relationships to deliver impactful insight to help us make the best decisions.
- Continuously iterate and innovate as your knowledge and experience grows.
Your specific role and responsibilities will depend on the needs of the function and your previous experience. Attitude, teamwork and curiosity are important for us, so you may be surprised where your career can take you at Very.
Success in the role demands an innovative leader who within a fast-paced, ambiguous environment inspires confidence, displaying influence and impact. Building excellent working relationships, adding insight and aligning processes with a FTSE 60 business and toward delivery of the Very Group’s strategy.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth individuals with the following skillset;
- A self-starter with the desire & confidence to influence diverse audiences and build effective relationships across the business and externally. We are looking for circa 5 years industry experience to build upon.
- Commercial - Commercially aware with the ability to appreciate impact of decisions on the financials.
- Be curious - Naturally questioning with experience delivering simplification. Proactive in investigating anomalies, risks or errors able to build advocacy and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Have low ego - Self-aware and uses it to continually improve performance.
- Enthused by making leaps into the unknown - An innovative mind-set – someone with a sense of urgency who is excited to create something new and is comfortable making decisions.
Why join us?
- Grow with us: We’re part of three huge industries (retail, tech and financial services), which means we offer plenty of opportunities to build a career as unique as you are.
- Feel included: We love to stay connected; our weekly virtual meetings bring the whole finance team together, and our cross-finance squads welcome and bring everyone's unique perspectives and skills together to deliver for our customers.
- Feel well, work well: Our hybrid working model is here to stay. Enjoy the flexibility of making the working week work for you, and take advantage of our wellness programmes that help you feel great at work.
- Make good things happen: We love to support our charity partner and personal charity links through a jam-packed events calendar, meaning there's lots to get involved in.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.