Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially savvy analyst to join our Group Planning & Performance team. We’re a new team, setting out to deliver outstanding reporting, fit for a digital native business. In this role, you will
- Be part of and lead cross-functional teams (we call them squads) to deliver new and/or upgraded reporting
- Deliver one version of the truth, at the right time, to the right audience
- Distil the wealth of data we have, to deliver impactful insight
- Continuously iterate and innovate as your knowledge and experience builds
- You will work across the Finance function to build innovative reporting solutions to support our response to the dynamic trading environment.
- You will drive a culture of continuous improvements and ambition.
- You will tie together the threads from other processes to build insight, whether that is using zero-based budgeting (ZBB) language in monthly cost reporting, or bringing in risks and opportunities to better understand FY expected outturn
- You will ensure the preparation of timely and accurate daily, weekly, monthly management information and performance reports for the TVG Exec and wider Finance function, ensuring team deadlines are always met and that financial information is always produced to the highest standard.
- A qualified accountant is preferred but part-qualified applicants will be considered if outstanding.
- Excel and data-savvy who enjoys understanding drivers of performance and using data to tell a story. (Prior experience with SQL or a keen interest in developing these skills)
- A self-starter with the social confidence and interpersonal skills to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships
- An excellent communicator, able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally as well as someone who encourages being challenged.
- You’re comfortable working at pace and appreciate this means keeping close to your stakeholders. Your priority is learning and you are able to adapt to new ways of working
- First-class analytical skills with the ability to interpret critical information and data
- You can lead others towards change and operate in ambiguity brimming with passion with relentless desire to develop
- You will seek ways to contribute to the wider Group Planning and Performance team beyond role scope
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.