Search by job title or keyword
Financial Planning Analyst - 12 month FTC
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented!
We aim to create a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
The role sits within the Financial Analysis side of the Group Planning & Performance team responsible for the creation and timely, quality submission of in year financial plans that meet the strategic goals of the Group.
Working with the Finance Senior Manager and Finance Managers, use shareholder feedback and FTSE 100 best practice benchmarking to continuously iterate and refine the approach to in year planning, accuracy and supporting analysis. Use function and business relationships to add insight and align the short-term planning and analysis process with delivery of the Very Group’s strategy
Success in the role demands supporting timely delivery of accurate, user-friendly information that has been cross-checked across reporting. A team player who will support the whole planning process to meet deadlines and is flexible to quickly modify approach to meet the ever-changing needs of its users.
- Support the maintenance and accurate portrayal of the company in the planning cycles
- Build relationships that allow open communication across finance enabling effective process delivery
- Lead the preparation of model set-up for all planning processes
- Lead the processing and consolidation of financial statements across planning processes
- Will support the senior planning manager in creation of planning analyses
- Develop relationships that allow open communication across finance and effective process delivery
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of planning processes
- The role also involves ad hoc analysis which may require direct interaction with various management levels, including Exec
- A self-starter with the confidence to provide opinion and with the desire & charisma to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships
- A newly qualified accountant is preferred but part-qualified applicants or those actively studying to become qualified in a recognised accounting qualification will be considered if outstanding
- Excel and data savvy who enjoys understanding drivers of performance and using data to tell a story
- Possess a willingness to learn and adapt to new ways of working
- Be able to work through divergence and/or ambiguity and be comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Have familiarity with financial planning models
- Able to contextualise outlook and Group performance against the external market and sector outlook challenging upwards and cross-functionally as we strive for an iteratively better process and improved accuracy. Highly self-aware, welcoming challenge and drives personal growth.
- Technically excellent with the ability to deal with complexity and communicate sophisticated financial matters in simple terms
- First-class analytical skills with the ability to interpret critical information and data
- You will seek ways to contribute to wider Planning and Performance team beyond role scope
- Brimming with passion with relentless desire to develop
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.