Search by job title or keyword
Financial Planning Analyst
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
The role sits within the Financial Analysis side of the Group Planning & Performance team responsible for the creation and timely, quality submission of long-term financial plans that meet the strategic goals of the Group.
Working with the Financial Analysis Senior Manager and Finance Manager, use shareholder feedback and FTSE 100 best practice benchmarking to continuously iterate and refine the approach to 5 year plans, working capital reporting and supporting analysis. Use function and business relationships to add insight and align the long-term planning and analysis process with delivery of the Very Group’s strategy
Success in the role demands supporting timely delivery of accurate, user-friendly information that has been cross-checked across reporting. A team player who will support the whole long-term planning process to meet deadlines and is flexible to quickly modify approach to meet the ever-changing needs of its users.
- Support the maintenance and accurate portrayal of the company in the long-range planning model
- Support accurate responses to adhoc and standard shareholder requests are analysis
- Prepare detailed assumptions books to evidence and support forecast validity
- Support the maintenance and continuous improvement of standardised planning and reporting data elements
- Analyse the drivers of group performance to support the development of insightful reporting across a broad range of financial measures, such as working capital
- Search for ways to drive process improvements
- The role also involves ad hoc analysis which may require direct interaction with various management levels, including Exec
- Develop relationships that allow open communication across finance enabling effective process delivery
- A newly qualified accountant is preferred but part-qualified applicants or those actively studying to become qualified in a recognised accounting qualification will be considered if exceptional
- Excel and data savvy who enjoys understanding drivers of performance and using data to tell a story
- A self-starter with the confidence to provide opinion and with the desire & charisma to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships
- Possess a willingness to learn and adapt to new ways of working
- Be able to work through divergence and/or ambiguity and be comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Have familiarity with financial planning models
- Able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally and welcomes being challenged
- Technically excellent with the ability to deal with complexity and communicate complex financial matters in simple terms
- First-class analytical skills with the ability to interpret critical information and data
- You will seek ways to contribute to wider Planning and Performance team beyond role scope
- Brimming with enthusiasm with relentless desire to develop
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.