Search by job title or keyword
Forecasting & Stock Planner - Electical - 12month FTC
About the team.
I have a fantastic 12 month FTC role available for a Forecasting & Stock Planner working in our high profile electrical team. You will get the opportunity to work with some of our biggest brands. This role is open for external and internal applicants who are looking to work in one of our most exciting and biggest growth categories.
About the role.
This role will support the Category Manager in forecast and stock plans associated to the development and delivery of a commercial range within the Electrical department, whether through a drop ship distribution model or stocked in through business DC, with the aim of delivering stock efficiency, maximum availability and the management of the customer delivery promise.
The role will focus on all aspects of stock planning, formulating plans with the Category Manager and feeding into the Supply Chain and Commercial team. Analysing stock performance with an understanding of all impacting factors and reacting/adjusting plans and forecasts accordingly.
Support the Category Manager with the development and maintenance of an effective trade plan to meet the needs of the budgeted KPI’s, recommending contingency as and when required to meet stock expectations.
- Ownership and governance of the stock plan.
- To build strong relationships with suppliers managing delivery performance and internally with distribution centres to ensure trade plans are effective
- Take high level category plan and create line level forecasts by week with the correct phasing
- Support category manager with analysis and insight to develop range plan
- Analyse performance vs. the stock plan and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Works with the Category Manager when product performance varies to forecast to take the required action, e.g. through price, mark-down
- Ownership of WSSI management
- Ownership for stock holding/stock health and weeks cover
- Oversee production planning, stock phasing and delivery schedule management
- Align ongoing forecast iterations in response to performance and stock holding feeding into Supply Chain Manager to manage OTB accordingly
- Support wider team with direction on creation of data led line level forecasts to support range sign off, maximise availability and stock efficiencies aligned to the forecast
- Support Category Manager with analysis to inform strategy, range frameworks, including detailed analysis around the optimal range size, product mix, brand/own brand mix etc
You must be able to build strong internal relationships with the immediate category team, the wider team and external suppliers
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about retail looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who has sound commercial acumen, with an ability to demonstrate strong analytical capability and proven experience in a similar role. Experience within a similar role is a prerequisite.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to previous experience in supply chain management, strong negotiation and influencing skills and be open to challenge using data to inform opinion.