Search by job title or keyword
Forecasting & Stock Planner - Home
Forecasting & Stock Planner - Home (Nursery)
12 month fixed term contract
About the role
We are looking for a Forecasting Stock Planner to join our Homewares category.
This role would suit an individual looking to work their way up to Category Manager with strong numerical skills, a great eye for product and a desire not only to work across the analytical side of the role but also focus on some of the high level buying and product elements involved in building a successful range.
As an FSP on Homewares here at The Very Group, you’ll enjoy a significant breadth of responsibility for KPI’s such as plans associated to the development and delivery of a commercial range, in season forecasting, stock management, availability, brand relationships and onboarding, development of trading plans and supporting the Category Manager with managing a large team. You’ll also gain experience in both stocked in and Direct Despatch alongside managing a large branded supply base so a keen interest in product is key to succeed in this role.
There will be a focus on ownership of all aspects of stock planning, OTB management, analysing sales performance with an understanding of all impacting factors alongside recommending contingency and adjusting plans/forecasts accordingly.
Relationship building is also crucial, be that with suppliers in managing over/under performance or internally where strong cross functional relationships across the likes of logistics, supply chain, trading and supplier management teams will also be key.
- Supports category manager and team to develop and source a fit for purpose compelling range which meets the demands of our customer, is aligned to observable market trends, and is built upon historic internal insight whilst being ultimately aligned to the divisional framework
- Ownership of the stock plan, intake, stock health and cover
- Ownership of WSSI and OTB management
- Ownership of category availability, markdown level, accuracy of forecasts
- Works closely with supply chain team to support on direct dispatch supplier KPI’s such as lead times, broken promises and availability
- Analyse performance vs. the stock plan and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Strong management and leadership skills to coach and develop a team of category assistants.
- Confident in managing a large supply base across multiple different categories with the ability to deputise for category manager where required
- Looks to create efficiencies and process improvements across all areas of day-to-day role
- Trading focused, developing a fit for purpose promotional plan which meets the needs of the budget, the creative expression requirements of the product offer to the customer and the merchandising of the range within the websites
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return i.e. assortment optimisation, operational efficiency, minimising product returns
To be effective in your role you’ll need to previous experience in supply chain management, strong negotiation and influencing skills and be open to challenge using data to inform opinion. Experience within merchandising and WSSI is essential.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.