Search by job title or keyword
Forecasting & Stock Planner - Homewares
About the team.
We have a fantastic 12 month FTC Forecasting & Stock Planner role working in our Homewares team. This role is open for external and internal applicants and is now available due to a recent internal promotion. It's a great opportunity that comes with a high level of responsibility. Whilst focussing on the analytical side of the role, you will also have responsibility for some of the high level buying and management of the team. Supported by the Category Manager, you will take part ownership of the homewares category.
About the role.
This role would suit an individual looking to work their way up to Category Manager. The requirements include; strong numerical skills, a great eye for product and a desire to not only to work across the analytical side of the role, but also focus on some of the high level buying and product elements involved in building a successful range.
As an FSP on Homewares, you’ll enjoy a significant breadth of responsibility for KPI’s such as plans associated to the development and delivery of a commercial range, in season forecasting, stock management, availability, brand relationships and onboarding, development of trading plans and supporting the Category Manager with managing a large team. You’ll also gain experience in both stocked in and Direct Despatch alongside a mix of branded and own brand suppliers so a keen interest in product is key to succeed in this role.
There will be a focus on ownership of all aspects of stock planning, OTB management, analysing sales performance with an understanding of all impacting factors alongside recommending contingency and adjusting plans/forecasts accordingly.
Relationship building is also crucial, be that with suppliers in managing over/under performance or internally where strong cross functional relationships across the likes of logistics, supply chain, trading and supplier management teams will also be key.
- Supports category manager and team to develop and source a fit for purpose compelling range which meets the demands of our customer, is aligned to observable market trends, and is built upon historic internal insight whilst being ultimately aligned to the divisional framework
- Ownership of the stock plan, intake, stock health and cover
- Ownership of WSSI and OTB management
- Ownership of category availability, markdown level, accuracy of forecasts
- Works closely with supply chain team to support on direct dispatch supplier KPI’s such as lead times, broken promises and availability
- Analyse performance vs. the stock plan and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Works with the category manager when products performance varies to forecast to take the required action,e.g. through price, promo or range assortment
- Strong management and leadership skills to coach and develop a team of category assistants.
- Confident in managing a large supply base across multiple different categories with the ability to deputise for category manager where required
- Looks to create efficiencies and process improvements across all areas of day-to-day role
- Supports category manager and team in building strong supplier relationships including the on boarding of new partners that fill a specific need/gap for the category or range whilst also managing the ongoing supplier base
- Supports category manager and team with improving commercial terms, funding and marketing activity across department
- Trading focused, developing a fit for purpose promotional plan which meets the needs of the budget, the creative expression requirements of the product offer to the customer and the merchandising of the range within the websites
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return i.e. assortment optimisation, operational efficiency, minimising product returns
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about retail looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who has sound commercial acumen, with an ability to demonstrate strong analytical capability and proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Previous merchandising, buying or category management experience with a desire to embrace a role that focuses on both sides of the role
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to demonstrate a strong analytical capability
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of stock & sales management
- Champions what is right for the Customer, Team and Business
- Ability to demonstrate management and leadership experience
- Solution and delivery focused with the ability to work autonomously
- Inquisitive and open to challenge using data to inform opinion