Search by job title or keyword
We’re The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.About the team
Our award-winning Customer Care Team are at the forefront of our relationship with our customers. We are not only be passionate about achieving the right outcome and making quality decisions but are dedicated to our collaborative culture.
Our Fraud Specialists based in Bolton work hard to protect both The Very Group and our customers from fraudulent activity, delivering a better experience for our customers.About the role
We have the following shifts available:
- Shift A: Tuesday – Thursday 11:15-19:30, Friday 14:45-22:15, Saturday 08.30-18:00
- Shift B: Sunday, Monday & Friday 12:45-22:15, Saturday 09:30-18:00
- Shift C: Sunday & Monday 14:45- 22:15, Tuesday-Thursday 11:15-19:30
You will play an active role in protecting both The Very Group and our customers from fraudulent activity, looking after incoming responses to The Very Group fraud checks and investigating unusual activity on our Customer accounts.
Working with a diverse range of people and stakeholders, both internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced, super demanding and is an everyday busy role for someone who thrives with this work, and can spot where something is not right and drive the right decisions to ultimately protect our customers.
Ideally you will have experience in a regulated environment, such as Financial Services or insurance; or someone who has curiosity about Fraud Investigation from a University degree or College course.
- Assessing and analysing potentially fraudulent activity on both new applications and existing customers, working to internal and external guidelines.
- Receiving and assessing inbound calls from victims of fraud, or customers who have referred orders.
- Investigating potential Anti Money laundering activity using industry-standard practice.
- Pro-actively responding to new fraud trends or behaviours using proven feedback methods
- Referring issues to Team manager only in instances where prescribed limits of authority are about to be exceeded
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.Equal opportunities
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.