Search by job title or keyword
FS Control Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
The Financial Services Insurance Team based in Speke, is looking to recruit an experienced Control Manager to maintain and develop a strong control environment relating to key FS Insurance policies/business standards across all insurance functional areas.
- Take a strategic view of initiatives on the Insurance roadmap within the control context
- Monitoring and reporting of Key Risk / Control Indicators
- Event-driven risk assessment activity
- First Line analysis of the root cause of issues, near misses and loss events, ensuring greater alignment of Issue Management process to control framework.
- Implement the move away from the current Insurance risk profile regime to category risk management with key focus on Insurance Operational risk.
- Greater focus on events / triggers e.g. issues, with controls reviewed following occurrence. Enable real-time analysis of control frameworks following events, ensuring the FS Insurance business reacts to changing risk landscape
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below skillset:
- Financial Services background, ideally specifically Insurance.
- Excellent skills and competences in:
- Report writing (essential)
- Policy and process review
- Policy development
- Good communication, presentation, explanation and influencing skills at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Risk and Control evaluation methodologies
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment techniques
- Financial Services products
- Group Operational processes
- Group Policies and procedures
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision-making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and rigour in producing work to tight deadlines
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.