Search by job title or keyword
FS Product Owner - Credit Risk Squad
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The Financial Services Change Tribe, based in Speke, is looking to recruit an experienced Product Owner in the newly formed Credit Risk Squad. This squad will be responsible for the change portfolio for FS Credit Risk. It will look to deliver some key strategic initiatives focussed on security and resilience, customer outcomes and business benefits along with keeping up to date with regulatory change. Examples include legacy platform migrations and enhancements to customer onboarding and decisioning.
Having recently moved towards an Agile methodology for delivering change, the role requires you to work both within your own squad and across multiple squads and Tribes.
The main responsibilities of the role relate to achieving FS business growth and improved customer outcomes:
- Working with the Engineering Lead, Delivery Owner and Business Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and prioritising the value being driven from your squad, to ensure realisation of improved business and customer outcomes.
- As part of the squad governance routines, such as stand ups, squad retrospectives and showcases, you will be responsible for ensuring that any squad output is in line with business / customer expectation and needs whilst adhering to any regulatory requirements.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Product peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand initiative dependencies and coordinate prioritisation
- You will be expected to make evidence backed recommendations & decisions that influence our tactics & strategy and deliver the largest gains.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who have first-rate communication skills.
You must have good experience and knowledge of Credit Risk and its various attributes. This is essential to enable you to make informed decisions and priority calls across the full spectrum of the Credit Risk function.
You will have worked in multi-disciplined teams in a large-scale, fast-moving digital business, that are a mix of business, delivery and technical roles (Perm / Contractor) combined with experience of managing 3rd Party providers.
Practical experience of product ownership in a lean / agile environment is essential, using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
You will be an exceptional leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
The ability to work within a dynamic and changing environment where priorities and activities will be changing is vital. You will be able to respond energetically and proactively to drive change at a fast pace to help deliver one of the most ambitious FS Strategies in The Very Group to date.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.