Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Buying Assistant
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the team.
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for two Buying Assistants to join our Women's branded fashion team. You’ll report directly into the Assistant Buyer for the area, so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will have an understanding category critical path and supply chain, whilst undertaking administrative support for the buying function. You will be responsible for building relationships with wholesale partners whilst representing Very.
We’re looking for a Buying Assistant who already has experience at this level, have buying experience or who have relevant transferable skills in a relevant profession and can demonstrate a strong understanding and passion for buying.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful BA candidate here at The Very Group are; commercially aware, able to build relationships and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
*To note we are looking for one successful candidate to start ASAP and the other successful candidate to start in September
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about buying looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A placement year within Buying is desirable
- A strong passion and interest in fashion
- Strong time management
- Good communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Image, price and copy checks
- Understands the customer
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- A great attitude and who is willing to learn
- Able to deputise for Buyer or Junior Buyer in key meetings
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options