Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Scheme - Data Analyst
We are looking for you to join our Data team as a graduate to join the reinvention. We are accepting applications from those who graduated between 2020-2022.
About the role.
As a Graduate Analyst in the team, you’ll be at the heart of our goal to expand the impact of data and insight within The Very Group.
You will learn the best way to interpret, understand, scope and develop problems in the most appropriate way and develop world class execution techniques in the skills to extraction and analyse information to gather insights and recommendations that can develop an online retailer. As an analyst, you’ll gather, manipulate and analyse large data sets from multiple sources. Critically, your role will be to work with the team to go beyond providing answers with analysis, but to begin to influence stakeholders through solid analytics; on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action. You’ll be a partner in thinking through problems with the business rather than purely a data and analysis provider
About the team.
You will have a chance to rotate through our analytical, BI and Data Science teams to gain experience and learnings that gives you a holistic view of how our data operations come together. This is a unique opportunity to work with the latest tech and best digital minds to create an amazing shopping experience for our customers and constantly learning along the way. We are looking for innovative problem solvers and we want your passion, energy and drive to contribute to our teams and help continue to challenge the way we do things.
About the scheme.You will join us on a 2-year scheme where you will you get exposure to our BI & Analytics, Customer Forensics and Data Science. A series of mini-placements of a month will also be included, to gain broader experience and exposure to the breadth of technology roles performed in the Very Group.
- You have a technical or analytical degree and ideally have a Data Analytics related placement
- You have a thirst for knowledge as you will be learning every day and we want to give you the best development to set you up for success
- You have excellent problem-solving skills with a creative and innovate mindset
- You will have started to develop a base of technical skills (such as coding, analysis, modelling etc) as part of your university studies
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, which means that you are also a superb organiser with excellent communication skills.
- You are interested in pursuing a career in data and learning more about our data disciplines: e.g. data architecture, data engineering, data operations, data governance, data analytics, MI, data strategy or data science
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- Clear career development conversations
- Consistent support throughout your 2 years and beyond
- Be part of our Early talent community
- Hybrid working model
- An environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practice
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility