Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Scheme - Data Engineer
We are looking for you to join our Data team as a graduate to join the reinvention. We are accepting applications from those who graduated between 2020-2022.
About the role.
As a Graduate Data Engineer you will work closely with other Data Engineers in the delivery assigned via a back log from and to successful completion. You will collaborate cross functionally on issue resolution seeking support form a Tech Lead when required. You will communicate effectively to provide support for the data platform to resolve any bug/fix issues.
About the team.
We have embarked on an ambitious journey, to modernise our Data domain working with new cutting edge technology working within the Data Science, Analytics, Strategy and Engineering team. The Data Engineer will work within squads towards a backlog of work to grow and develop our data capabilities working across our Data Lake, Data Warehouse or within our AWS Infrastructure in the cloud.
The Associate Data Engineer will need to collaborate effectively in cross-functional, agile squads
About the scheme.
You will join us on a 2-year scheme where you will you get exposure to our Data Platform Engineering, Data Pipelines, Data Warehousing & Teradata and MarTech team. A series of mini-placements of a month will also be included, to gain broader experience and exposure to the breadth of technology roles performed in the Very Group.
- You have a technical and relevant degree and ideally have a Data Engineering related placement
- Foundation understanding of one coding language ( Java, Python, SQL or Scala)
- Has an appreciation and understanding of cloud principles and technologies
- Good communication skills and can articulate technical challenges to a non technical person.
- Thrive on change ensuring that you stay ahead of new upcoming technologies through attending regular forums, meet ups or online courses.
- Enjoys developing through organised or self development; passionate to progress career at The Very Group.
- Clear career development conversations
- Consistent support throughout your 2 years and beyond
- Be part of our Early talent community
- Hybrid working model
- An environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practice
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility