Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Scheme - Software Engineer
We are looking for you to join our Software Engineering team as a graduate to join the reinvention. We are accepting applications from those who graduated between 2020-2022.
About the role.As we continue to grow, we're investing heavily in people and technology to continue pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our highly talented and skilled technology team continue to test, learn and invest in disruptive innovation that solves important customer challenges. Our next chapter has just begun, so we need super smart, talented and driven Graduates who can lead the charge and challenge us at what we do. We’re really excited to tell you about our Associate Engineer role that will kick start and shape your future. You’ll work across our tech and data teams and you will get the chance to develop and grow your technical skills. We want super star graduates who have a digital mind, innovation and can motivate themselves. We want graduates who have ambition and who see themselves driving their careers to become future leader
About the team.
You’ll join a team of talented engineers across either Data, Testing, Architecture, Engineering & cloud who all collaborate with people across the business and work on some high-profile projects. You’ll work alongside some of the brightest minds in tech and e-commerce, in cross functional agile teams where you’ll be empowered to explore, experiment and iterate.
About the scheme.
You will join us on a 2-year scheme where you will you get exposure to our platform engineering, QA automation and software engineering teams. Throughout the 2 years, you will also be able to immerse yourself in wider areas of the business which will allow you to gain a broader set of skills within security, data and business analysis.
- Have a degree in Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or Programming
- Ideally have completed a placement within a data focused environment
- Will challenge how we do things and help us innovate combining your knowledge and university degree to create our future
- Understand our values and live and breathe them
- You have some coding experience, preferably in Java
- An Understanding of SQL and Python
- Have a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- Clear career development conversations
- Consistent support throughout your 2 years and beyond
- Be part of our Early talent community
- Hybrid working model
- An environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practice
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility