Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. I am currently recruiting for a number of Team Managers for our brand new site in the East Midlands, Skygate.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
- Coach, lead and motivate teams of fulfilment colleagues (including team coaches and co-ordinators) to deliver daily targets/KPI's as defined by customer targets/requirements and overall site targets
- Ensure clear concise handovers are completed at all shift changes
- Deliver effective team briefings (including start and end of shift briefings) and support all engagement activity
- People management activity-including but not exclusively absence management, performance management and developing talent within the team
- Promote and encourage positive colleague engagement , helping to create a culture that listens, retains colleagues and drives performance
- Drive and promote a positive culture of health and safety and safe working, ensuring all H&S and associated processes are followed
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, process adherence and quality
- Ensure the team are multi-skilled to give flexibility required to meet customer demand
- Manage colleague productivity to exceed targets and KPIs
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre
- Ability to deputise for the Shift Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions
- Adaptable, proactive, team player
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start up of the site
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets through proactive management
- Cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre
- Customer focused and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and package is available for the successful candidate.