Search by job title or keyword
Group Finance Manager
About the Team.
Our purpose is simple. We create and protect the future of the Very Group. And we do it by innovating in finance. We’re more than number-crunchers.
We work in an agile way to create change fast. We care about outcomes, not perfection.
We create high-performing teams made up of the right people, whatever department they’re from. It means we always offer new experiences.
And we do it because we value personal development. Whether it’s through our mentoring programme, our learning guilds or the challenges and opportunities we rise to every day, we help everyone grow.
About the Role.
The role sits within the Group Consolidation team responsible for the monthly consolidation and group reporting.
- Monthly consolidation and group reporting work, including responsibility for the preparation of the group consolidation with supporting information and balance sheet analysis
- Monthly group cash flow reporting and working with the Reporting Team to prepare relevant commentary for the group management accounts.
- Responsibility for accounting for the holding company and production of monthly management accounts.
- Provide technical expertise, involving being able to understand, explain and calculate IFRS conversion adjustments and influence key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparation of the quarterly and year end consolidation and 11 sets of trading statutory accounts and 12 dormant accounts.
We are seeking an ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified accountant with 3+ PQE who is passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth with the following skillset;
- A self-starter with the desire & confidence to influence diverse audiences and build effective relationships across the business and externally.
- Strong IFRS technical accounting knowledge, with the ability to review new legalisation and ascertain the impact of any changes in accounting and reporting legalisation on the Group.
- Experience of Group consolidations under IFRS
- Be curious - Naturally questioning with experience delivering simplification. Proactive in investigating anomalies, risks or errors able to build advocacy and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Have low ego - Self-aware and uses it to continually improve performance.
Why join us?
- Grow with us: We’re part of three huge industries (retail, tech and financial services), which means we offer plenty of opportunities to build a career as unique as you are.
- Feel included: We love to stay connected; our weekly virtual meetings bring the whole finance team together, and our cross-finance squads welcome and bring everyone's unique perspectives and skills together to deliver for our customers.
- Feel well, work well: Our hybrid working model is here to stay. Enjoy the flexibility of making the working week work for you, and take advantage of our wellness programmes that help you feel great at work.
- Make good things happen: We love to support our charity partner and personal charity links through a jam-packed events calendar, meaning there's lots to get involved in.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.