Search by job title or keyword
Group Finance Manager
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and well-being.
About the Team.
The role sits within Group Consolidation, which is a pivotal team within The Very Group finance community. The team is responsible for the monthly consolidation and group reporting. The team also produces quarterly interim financial statements and the annual report for the group, ensuring quality and transparency of information for both internal and external stakeholders. The team also manages the year-end audit process and engages with teams across the business including Tax, Commercial Finance, Planning and Investor Relations.
About the role
- Monthly consolidation and group reporting work, including responsibility for the preparation of the group consolidation with supporting information and balance sheet analysis.
- Monthly group cash flow reporting and working with the Reporting Team to prepare relevant commentary for the group management accounts.
- Responsibility for accounting for the holding company and production of monthly management accounts.
- Provide technical expertise, involving being able to understand, explain and calculate IFRS conversion adjustments and influence key stakeholders across the business.
- Responsible for the production of the consolidated statutory accounts for The Very Group Limited on a quarterly and annual basis, alongside subsidiary and dormant accounts on an annual basis.
- Preparation of accounting papers for the Group covering key judgements and estimates along with any new technical accounting areas or the impact of new accounting standards.
- Key contact for the year end audit process.
We are seeking an ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified accountant with 3+ PQE who is passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth with the following skillset;
- A self-starter with the desire & confidence to influence diverse audiences and build effective relationships across the business and externally.
- Strong IFRS technical accounting knowledge, with the ability to review new legalisation and ascertain the impact of any changes in accounting and reporting legalisation on the Group.
- Experience of Group consolidations under IFRS.
- Strong communication skills to both a finance and non-finance audience at all levels of the business.
- Ability to juggle demands from key stakeholders, prioritise and allocate time efficiently.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and identify any issues.
- Be curious - Naturally questioning with experience delivering simplification. Proactive in investigating anomalies, risks or errors able to build advocacy and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Have low ego - Self-aware and uses it to continually improve performance.
Some of our benefits
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - A one-hour formal interview with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience and competency-based questions.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.