Search by job title or keyword
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
Spend your placement year as part of Analytics team and you will kick start and shape your future. You’ll work with the latest tech and best digital minds to create an amazing shopping experience for our customers and constantly learning along the way. We are looking for passionate, innovative problem solvers who motivate themselves to be the best they can be. We want your passion, energy and drive to really take our teams to the next level and challenge the way we do things.
You’ll join a team of talented analysts and graduate analyst who collaborate with people across the business to solve our industry’s biggest problems in new and innovative ways. We work with some of the largest retail data sets in the business and work on a variety of projects, providing insights and recommendations to the SD. We use tools like SAS, Power BI, SQL, Web analytics tools to create visual representations that challenge the business to change in a positive way.
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- You will be curious and good with numbers and ideally from an analytical degree
- Is highly analytical, assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- Has excellent problem-solving skills with a creative and innovate mindset
- Has a thirst for knowledge, you will be learning every day and we want to give you the best development to set you up for success
- Can work to a fast pace, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with excellent communication skills
- Has a degree in Maths, Computer Science or similar STEM subject
- Is highly proficient in Excel
How to apply
To join us on our 2020 intern programme, you’ll need to apply through our careers site with your cv and answer some questions. We will then be in touch in the next 2 weeks and if successful invited to our brilliant intern experience assessment day.
If you have any questions then please email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to find out more about us, just visit https://theverygroup.jobs/early-careers-1
Please note the dates for the placement are starting July 2020
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status..