Search by job title or keyword
Head of Delivery - Logistics & Fulfilment Tribe
As a Head of Delivery, you will be responsible for effective change delivery for the Logistics & Fulfilment Tribe. You will lead Agile Delivery Managers and Project Managers to drive the successful delivery of in-house development, software as a service implementation and 3rd Party solutions delivery, using lean and agile methods.
You will coordinate with Heads of Delivery of other tribes and the central PMO to collaborate on cross-cutting projects and cross-tribe communication, bringing people and teams together to solve issues, as well as having responsibility for the co-ordination, management and delivery of projects assigned to you.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Significant experience of leading multi-disciplined teams in a large-scale, fast-moving digital business, through hundreds of people that are a mix of business, delivery and technical roles (Perm / Consultancy / Contractor) combined with experience of managing successful delivery by 3rd Party providers.
- Significant experience in managing delivery outcomes in both an Agile delivery environment and a Project based delivery environment
- Works closely with Logistics and Fulfilment Tribe Head of Product and Head of Technology to jointly manage all change activity within the tribe on behalf of the tribe sponsor
- Directly manages all tribe delivery and Project Managers, and any business change / tribe PMO colleagues
Nature and Area of impact:
- Responsible for all change delivery within Logistics and Fulfilment Tribe, including planning, funding, resourcing and reporting in order to deliver business value early and at high velocity
- Responsible for tribe capex budget and change-related revex activity
- Regularly reports tribe value and productivity metrics – value delivered, burndown
- Works with (Digital CX / FS / Customer / Retail) Tribe Head of Product and Head of Technology to create quarterly investment review update and proposals
- Steer the team to action to deliver on time, to cost, with the right quality outcome for the customer
- Deliver the agreed roadmaps within your tribe, removing blockers and harnessing the whole tribe to maximise delivery of the highest value backlog items.
- Be an exceptional leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
- Build partnerships with each squad by promoting a collaborative approach based on Lean-Agile values and principles.
- Process mentor to the squad’s use of the agile delivery framework and support them in the removal of impediments and blockers.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the business and work with the Product
- Managers to facilitate the prioritisation of work from a technical and product roadmap perspective.
- Facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably using a metric driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Contribute to and champion community forums and tech showcases to enable the teams to share knowledge, learn from mistakes and drive innovation to improve change delivery across the whole business. Also using this forum to celebrate successes.
- Set very clear priorities for team members and providing timely and quality/regular feedback on those priorities
- Foster careers and building talent/capabilities both through internal pipelines and external hiring
- Working closely with the Head of Product and Head of Technology to ensure that the delivery team has a clear sense of purpose and set of priorities, reflected in colleague surveys undertaken
- A bias towards action, always finding ways to remove barriers to rapid delivery.
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a strategic direction, with evidence of successfully delivering transformation.
- High level of practical experience of delivering change in a lean / agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- Aligns own behaviour and actions to organisation vision and goals.
- Engages colleagues with enthusiasm and commitment.
- £10,00 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture (mix of on-site and working remotely too)
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Life assurance & Private medical
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.