Search by job title or keyword
Head of Delivery - Retail
Head of Delivery - Retail
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
As our Head of Delivery for Retail, you will be responsible for effective change delivery for the Retail Tribe. You will lead our agile delivery managers and project managers to drive the successful delivery of both in-house development and software as a service implementation, using lean and agile methods.
You will coordinate with Heads of Delivery for other tribes and central PMO to collaborate on cross-cutting projects and cross-tribe communication, bringing people and teams together to best solve current issues as well as having responsibility for the co-ordination, management and delivery of projects assigned to you.
How we work
Our Tech & Retail teams works with many different parts of our business, adopting working styles to best suit the collaboration. Our business is moving towards Tribe and Product structures which provides our teams with the opportunity to work closer to the business problem. The teams champion innovation and have a fantastic pioneering spirit for constant development. Our teams are empowered to work on complex projects and develop a strong culture of friendship and collaboration. We encourage our team members to feel part of the wider community across the business.
Responsible for all change delivery within our Retail Tribe, including funding, resourcing, training and approach to maximise velocity
Here you'll leadi multi-disciplined teams with 100's of heads that are a mix of business, delivery and technology and via a mix of employment types Perm, FTC, Consultancy as well as Contractors.
By working closely with our Retail Tribe Heads of Product and Head of Technology you will help manage all change activity within the tribe on behalf of the tribe sponsor.
There will be some Direct Reports also so we anticipate you being able to manage all tribe delivery and project managers, and tribe PMO colleagues.
- Responsible for the tribe capex budget and change-related revex activity
- Regularly reports tribe value and productivity metrics – value delivered, burndown
- Work with our (Digital CX / FS / Customer / Retail) Tribe Head of Product and Head of Technology to create quarterly investment review update and proposals
- We're looking for a strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a strategic direction. You'll have evidence of successfully delivering transformation, leading multiple 3rd parties and internal teams.
- We'd anticipate you having experience in delivering Retail systems including ERP, Demand Forecasting, Financial and Assortment Planning.
- You'll have lots of practical experience of delivering change in a lean / agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- Prior and significant experience in leadership or management role with large, complex, blue-chip, 24/7 technology led organisations.
The Very Group is an ever-changing place to work and being comfortable with change and embracing it as an opportunity to develop personally and professionally is crucial. Collaboration and knowledge sharing are vitally important and encouraged within the team.
Self-development is important for us. We see both learning together as a team through the process of delivery and individual learning to build specific skills to able to contribute more to the team, as important. We will give you the time and tools to do this.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- Flexible benefits allowance £10,000 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Bonus up 32%
- Matched pension at 6%
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) 1 X Life Assurance & Private Medical Cover Self
- Brand discount up to 25%
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group via email@example.com or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.