Search by job title or keyword
Head of Facilities
About the team:
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our colleague experiences and enjoyment through engaging and collaborative workspaces and facilities. Providing colleagues with innovative spaces to create even better experiences for our customers. The team is passionate and diverse, constantly promoting positive disruption and continuous improvement across the Group.
About the role:
As a key senior manager you will be responsible for the economic management, maintenance, and strategic oversight of The Very Group property and facilities portfolio, ensuring that you meet the strategic objectives and financial targets set by the Board.
You will provide leadership and direction to the Property, Facilities Management, Group Health & Safety, Mission Critical (Data Centre) Engineering team and Physical Security of sites and colleagues.
You will create an environment of continuous improvement where innovation, challenge and year on year cost improvements are the norms, promoting the team as a world-class positive disruptor both internally and externally!
We're looking for someone to join the team, reporting to the Commercial Director, who brings with them groundbreaking experience of facilities management. The successful candidate will have an agile mentality and have balanced multiple properties globally, keeping their finger on the pulse on outstanding facilities management.More responsibilities include:
- Leading a future focus Facilities Management strategy recognising the positive impact on colleague wellbeing and performance. Formulating and leading the strategy for colleague engagement from service improvements, property redesigns and refurbishments.
- Shaping and leading the future energy procurement to reduce energy costs and CO2 emissions across The Very Group aligned to the Group CSR targets.
- Ownership and management of all budgets in respect of the Group Property and Facilities Management functions. Collaborating with the finance team in relation to the financial management and activities of the Very Group.
- Creating group-wide policies relating to Estate Management and Maintenance, Building Surveying, Accommodation Office Space Planning, Construction / Demolition and Facilities activities such as Legionella testing, Fire Safety, Health & Safety, Energy Management and Business Travel.
- Ensuring The Very Group statutory obligations as occupiers of property are controlled to the satisfaction of our Insurers as well as ensuring the buildings occupied by the Group are maintained in accordance with the terms of the lease.
- Acquisition, negotiation and renewals of leases as well as identifying, negotiating and procuring Facilities Management services in a way that utilises group buying power.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £10,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.About us
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super hard-working people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.Equal opportunities
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.