Search by job title or keyword
Head of Personal Loans
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the Team.
Our Financial Services (FS) team are striving to help families get more out of life through convenience, flexibility, and value. We are building an exciting future for our financial services offering and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us on this journey. We need people with strong backgrounds in Financial Services delivery to help us define, design, build and run initiatives that set The Very Group apart from other online retailers to be a household brand that stands with families on a budget.
Now is the perfect time to join FS as we are embarking on an exciting multi-year change plan building and enhancing key consumer financial products and services! You and your team will play a critical role in defining the appropriate ways of working and executing plans to make this ambition become a reality.About the Role.
As Head of Personal Loans, you are responsible for building and managing new Personal Lending products that meet our customers needs and drive profitable and sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer who sits on the Executive Committee of SDFC and VGCF, the role will Chair the Personal Loans Committee.
You will directly inspire and lead a team of approximately 10 employees and have full responsibility for the people management of the team. Additionally, the ability to work collaboratively is fundamental to this role as many of the resources required to deliver will not be under the direct control of this position.
SMCR Captured Role - This role will undertake activity on behalf of the financial services businesses, who are part of The Very Group, and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime requires the individual who performs this role to be approved. We will tell you more about this during the interview process.
As a Head of Personal Loans, you will:
- Communicate the vision, thinking and rationale to all levels of the organisation and demonstrate clear leadership to the team responsible for delivering initiatives to the team responsible for managing and optimising Loans.
- Be a ‘down to earth’ leader who personifies The Very Group’s values and can build and lead a team unified by a clear purpose and vision.
- Be responsible for delivering the financial targets assigned to Personal Loans within the budget.
- Centre on building and managing new product lines that meet new and existing TVG customer needs.
- Demonstrable experience within a regulated consumer finance business leading all aspects of product development and commercial management.
- Experience of general management within personal lending would be ideal.
- An approach to solving issues which are inherently collaborative and non-hierarchical with the ability to evidence the leadership of business change.
- An ability to clearly evidence the delivery of great customer outcomes alongside commercial success.
- A hands-on leader who is not afraid to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and wade into the detail to support and drive the team.
- Excitement by the opportunity of setting up and growing new product lines as well as at the same time taking a key role in managing the existing business.
- Experience Working directly with a 3rd party technology provider to build and enhance a new product/service.
- Potential to grow and move into other roles within the Group.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £10,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, which is captured under SMCR you will be required to undertake enhanced pre-employment checks including; a credit, CIFAS and standard DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.