Search by job title or keyword
Information and Cyber Security Consultant
Here you will be responsible for providing expert cyber security technical advice, guidance and support across the business and to our agile teams.
- Developing Information and Cyber Security consulting functions.
- Staying abreast with Information and Cyber Security issues, and legal and regulatory changes affecting UK financial services.
- Engaging in continuing professional development to maintain professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
Policy & security architecture:
- Reviewing, updating and delivering the group wide Information Security risk framework and maintaining and improving the Information Security policy and associated standards and guidelines
- Protection of the group’s assets (people, physical, informational and IT systems) from identified risk by implementing and gaining assurance on appropriate security controls.
- Ensuring necessary Vulnerability assessment and Penetration testing are carried out.
Information risk management:
- Conducting Information Security Risk Assessments on new business applications, IT changes, and group projects, identifies residual risk and recommends appropriate mitigating action.
- Providing an expert point of contact for security champions.
- Ensuring security reviews are conducted on relevant third parties and recommends appropriate mitigating action.
Governance, Risk & Compliance:
- Conducts and reports on IT and Information Security policy assurance activities
- Assists in continuous group wide threat assessments to identify and report on risk appetite position.
- Identifies, tracks and reports IT and Information Security risk and mitigating options.
- An excellent broad understanding of the Information Security industry and specifically, a solid understanding of UK regulations and compliance.
- Ability to communicate complex information to board level execs and senior management.
- Experience of contributing and improving the Information Security agenda within a corporate organisation
- Good commercial knowledge with the ability to understand and integrate business and security strategies.
- Information Security and /or Information Technology industry qualification strongly preferred (such as CISSP or CISM) or equivalent time served
- Experience of agile methods of working
- Good understanding and experience of threat and risk modelling (STRIDE, DREAD)
- Good understanding and experience of the Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of latest trends, technologies and threats
- Good technical understanding of development and operational platforms including Cloud platforms
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Cyber Security looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.